Saturday, February 18, 2012

Just a Thought (2009)

Well.... We all know what happened to Whitney Houston... Because of that, I remembered a short article I wrote 3 years ago for the school paper in GCF-ICS (Where I finished high school.). It was actually the year when "The Master Rapper" Francis Magalona passed away. Sooooooo.... Here it goes....


                                                                     Just a Thought

          I'm sure you all know Francis "The Master Rapper" Magalona (if you don't, you must've been living under a rock). He passed away last March 7, 2009, Saturday, due to leukemia which he was diagnosed to have had since 2008. Many people supported him while he was still sick. Every Filipino knew how much Francis M. had contributed in the Philippine entertainment industry. 


        When Francis passed away, we we were all aware that many people who idolized him had eyes brimming with tears. What caught my attention was the fact that the Filipinos seemed so united when he died. It was as if they all had one heart and one mind as they remembered their fondest memories of the rapper. Unity because of one man when he died. Amazing, huh? Wouldn't it be just as great for Christians to exhibit that kind of unity? I mean, Christ died too, right?


        When Francis died, many people started wearing his products and news about him traveled all over the place. He was the talk of the town. Maybe as Christians, we could also make Jesus the talk of the town. 




I know I'm not a writer. Don't mind it. HAHA. What's important is you're getting what I'm trying to say (Well I do hope you get me). Anyway, years passed after I remembered I wrote an article like this. Then something similar just happened after three years.  Now Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and other celebrities and public figures passed away, I had the same thought in mind again and again... Would you also think of the same way as I did three years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment